Update: Francisco Park Design Approved & Funding Complete
San Francisco’s Recreation and Park Commission approved design plans to transform the long-abandoned Francisco Reservoir on Russian Hill into a new park by a 6-1 vote Thursday. The Francisco Park improvement project will turn 4.5 acres of an existing, unused property into an accessible green space for everyone. This project will convert the existing abandoned reservoir into a stormwater catchment system and install an accessible pathway linking the features of the park (central lawn area, view terraces, children’s playgrounds, community garden, and fenced dog run). Click here to check out the project website.
In early March 2018, goats were released into Francisco Park to start the vegetation removal process before the full site demolition and rough grading activities begin.
- San Francisco Chronicle – SF Parks Commission Gives Go-Ahead To New Francisco Park On Russian Hill
- Francisco Park Conservancy Announces Funding Complete
- Nob Hill Gazette – Local Park Boosters Eye The Finish Line
- NBC Bay Area News – San Francisco To Transform Old Reservoir In ‘Francisco Park’ at Russian Hill
- SFWeekly – Russian Hill Will Get A New, 4.5Acre, $25 Million Park