Archipelago de las Perlas, Panama


Dolphin Capital Investment Grupo Eleta

Design Partners

Hart Howerton


50 Acres of a 3,600 Acres Master Plan


Completed 2017

About this Project

Located 30 miles off the Pacific coast of Panama within the Islas de las Perlas archipelago, Isla Pedro Gonzales is host to an ecologically sustainable development project called Pearl Island. 70% of the island will be protected as a natural reserve and the other 30% will consist of a number of low-impact local residents and tourism facilities. Sherwood Design Engineers was part of the team that developed the island’s master plan along with a resort/condominium development on the Northeast Peninsula of the island, which is currently under construction. Just south of the Peninsula is a new proposed ultra-high-end resort development on the most pristine beach on the island, which is owned and operated by the Ritz Carlton Reserve. The new resort includes 60 guest keys and 26 branded residential villas with resort facilities including a core arrival pavilion and function space, tennis courts, fitness, treatment spas, lounges, two restaurants, a beach bar, two pools and the staff service area.  Sherwood was responsible for designing the site’s utility and drainage infrastructure as well as low-impact cart paths, road and facility vertical control. The stormwater management strategy utilizes native materials where possible and works with the site’s natural topography to prevent erosion and sedimentation while maintaining a high-end aesthetic that blends in seamlessly with the surrounding environment.